- Larger, rounded edge. Almost like piping around the patch.
- Best with simple and symmetrical shapes. Circles, squares, rectangles, triangles, etc. A good rule of thumb to go by is if it doesn’t have a lot of points and/or jagged edges, it can probably be merrowed.
- Machine sewn-on edge.
- Easier to design. Sometimes limitations can set the creative mind free.
Hot Cut Edge:
- Thin, flat edge. It very gently lines the patch.
- Works with any shape. Whether you are looking for a simple geometric or custom shape, it will come out just right.
- Laser-cut for precision.
- Nearly limitless design possibilities.
Download this infographic.